Human is weak and prone to diseases. At one time or another, he can encounter calamities. If he doesn’t fall sick he could meet an accident. There is nothing that can prevent him if ALLAH wills for him trouble through anyway. Being patient and praying to recover from the illness is the best a man can do. A dua for health and recovery is all a patient needs.
Dua for Health and Recovery in Hadith
- Anas reported that when the Prophet came out of the privy he said, “Praise be to God who has removed harm from me and kept me in health.”
- Ibn Majah transmitted it.
- Mishkat al-Masabih 374 | Daeef (Al-Albani)
- The dua mentioned in the above and below Hadith:
- الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي أَذْهَبَ عَنِّي الأَذَى وَعَافَانِ
- Al’hamdulillahillazee Azhaba ‘Anni Azaa Wa ‘Aafaani
- Praise be to God who has removed harm from me and kept me in health.
- It was narrated that Anas bin Malik Radi ALLAHu ‘Anhu said:
“Whenever the Prophet exited the toilet, he would say: ‘Al-hamdu lillahilladhi adhhaba ‘annial-adha wa ‘afani (Praise is to Allah Who has relieved me of impurity and given me good health).’”
Narrated Abu Bakrah:
Abdur Rahman ibn Abu Bakrah said that he told his father: O my father! I hear you supplicating every morning: “O ALLAH! Grant me health in my body. O ALLAH! Grant me good hearing. O ALLAH! Grant me good eyesight. There is no god but Thou.” You repeat them three times in the morning and three times in the evening.
He said: I heard the Messenger of ALLAH ﷺ using these words as a supplication and I like to follow his practice.
The transmitter, Abbas, said in this version:
And you say: “O ALLAH! I seek refuge in Thee from infidelity and poverty. O ALLAH! I seek refuge in Thee from punishment in the grave. There is no god but Thee”. You repeat them three times in the morning and three times in the evening, and use them as a supplication. I like to follow his practice.
He said: The Messenger of ALLAH ﷺ said: The supplications to be used by one who is distressed are: “O ALLAH! Thy mercy is what I hope for. Do not abandon me to myself for an instant, but put all my affairs in good order for me. There is no god but Thou.” Some transmitters added more than others.
- Sunan Abi Dawud 5090 | Grade : Hassan in Chain (Al-Albani)
- Sadaqah ki dua→ yahan dekhiye
- One should recite the above dua three (3) times.
- Read authentic Qurani Verses to recover from health with Hadith
- Ibn ‘Umar Radi ALLAHu ‘Anhu narrated, ‘The Messenger of Allah ﷺ used to supplicate saying,
- اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ
- “O ALLAH! I seek refuge in you from the withholding of your favor, the decline of the good health you have given, the suddenness of your vengeance and from all forms of your wrath.”
- KitaburRafaaq Saheeh Rawah Muslim 2739 Wakazaa Waq’a Fee “Al-Saleheen”: Fajaat, Wawaq’a Fee Muslim: Faja-at, Wa-hama Lughtaan, Wal Murad: Bughtat
Quranic Dua for Health By Sayyidina Ayyoob Alayhis Salam
Ayyoob Alayhis Salam suffered from a serious disease which was like leprosy and which affected his whole body except the heart and the tongue. In this miserable condition too he spent his time in prayers and in giving thanks to ALLAH Ta’ala with his heart and tongue.
Because of this serious illness all his relatives, friends, and neighbors avoided him and placed him near a garbage dump outside the city. Nobody went near him except his wife who used to take care of him.
- Ayyoob Alayhis Salam asked ALLAH Ta’ala,
- Dua of Ayyoob Alayhis Salam for health
- In The Holy Quran, Surah Al-Anbiya Verse #83
- رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ
- Rabbahu Annee Massaniya-alddurru Wa-Anta Arhamu-alrrahimeena
- “Indeed, adversity has touched me, and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful.”
- The Holy Quran tells us only that he suffered from some serious disease but he endured his suffering with fortitude. Ultimately he prayed to ALLAH for recovery which was granted. During his illness, all his family members and friends disappeared.
They either died or just abandoned him to his fate. Then ALLAH Ta’ala restored him to complete health and gave him back all his children and also an equal number in addition.
One should be patient and thank ALLAH Ta’ala from the bottom of his heart for whatever he has. And keep reciting the abode dua of Ayyoob Alayhis Salam as much as he can.
Dua for Health Transliterations
دَعَوَاتُ الْمَكْرُوبِ اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلاَ تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي
طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ
Da’awaatul Makroobi ALLAHumma Ra’hmataka Arjoo Fala Takilnee Ila Nafsi
Tarfata ‘Aynin Wa Aslih Lee Shaani Kullahu La Ilaha Illa Anta
Dua for Health in Translation
O ALLAH! YOUR Mercy is what I hope for. Do not abandon me to myself for an instant,
but put all my affairs in good order for me. There is no God but YOU!
ya ALLAH TERI Rahmat ki mujhe ummid hai. Mujhe ekdam apni nafs par akela na chhorh
mere tamam kaam mere liye sahi kar de. TERE siva koi ma’abood nahi